Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Walking on Glass

My old friend Scott Kenan has written a book about the time he spent working for Tennessee Williams. I remember the time as he and I had been working at the same restaurant, Tux. I also remember meeting Tennessee at the bar on the pier of the Reach one drinking night. Wow I guess that was more then 27 years ago!..........Any way, Scott has been working on this book for quite a while and he sent me bits and pieces to read, should be good. Here is a link to his new web site. http://www.walkingonglass.net/ The book comes out next year.

3 comments:

  1. I used to run into Tennessee grocery shopping at Gulfstream--his house was pretty close by. Key West was such fun back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was fun and still is but not quite as colorful. Thats funny, I hadn't thought of it as Gulfstream in such a long time. Remember you only had to dial the last 5 digits of the phone number as they were all 294 or 296.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the Citizen came out in the late afternoon and cost a dime from Leonte at Valladares...
    MEM

    ReplyDelete