Monday, February 16, 2009

Well here comes the cooking part of my blog. This was last nights dinner Chicken breast stuffed with artichoke and spinach, wrapped in bacon just to add insult to injury. I started by brining the chicken in salted, sweetened water with lots of black pepper, in fact they defrosted in the brine. Then I opened them up and pounded them inside a plastic bag with a trusty cast iron pan. I made a filling almost like that delicious artichoke heart and spinach dip with a little mayo, a little cream cheese , chopped canned artichoke hearts and thawed chopped spinach, grated Romano, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
Then I laid the chicken out and plopped the filling in and rolled it up with a couple pieces of bacon around it and baked on a rack at 350 for a bout 45 minutes yum. I served it with cauliflowerHere they are going in the oven. Of course there was some wine consumed with it and I would recommend a nice Pinot Grigio. It was so nice yesterday that I was able to sit on my back deck and read for about an hour, after I finished painting and shopping, with a glass of that pinot grigio and I really enjoyed it.

1 comment: