Saturday, October 24, 2009

Goombay

Fantasy Fest festivities kicked off with Goombay last night, up and down Petronia Street. It is a real local event and I always see people I haven't seen in a while. It was a beautiful night and the drinks were good and the people watching was even better!
Petronia St looked good with a few new shops. I think this might make a nice little painting.
This guy was the best. He has decked out several bikes with lights and music and rides up and down Duval st. They were wonderful!

There were some cool outfits!


Everyone was selling these bright earrings. I didn't see anyone wearing them.



Loads of food stands. I ate some incredible quickly fried conch and some really good cocktails!


Fresh fruit drinks in a pineapple!


Steel drum player drew quite a crowd


Lots of antics outside the 801 bar. These girls looked like they must be famous.

2 comments: