Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back from Bumpy Road

Here is Bumpy Road. I am back and feel refreshed and ready for July. I painted and swam and played and shopped and fluffed and the week went too fast.
A walk in the woods, oak leaves on the forest floor.

Path with caladiums and four o'clocks with jasmine above my head.


My little grove. Kumquat, red navel, grapefruit, tangerine and some kind of orange. They all had fruit on them, lets hope it stays till December.



The live oaks dripping with Spanish moss.




Impromptu studio.





Bedroom.






Stairs to loft.







Kitchen with Wayne's stained glass.
If anyone ever wants or needs a getaway place let me know. I am planning to rent this out for a vacation rental. The town is 2 miles away and there is some great plein aire painting in historic Melrose with loads of Victorian houses and lots of little lakes with cypress dripping with Spanish moss. There a great farm stands and Gainesville is just 20 miles away with wonderful restaurants , shopping, museums and lots going on with the University.








2 comments: