Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

On my walk to my car I passed Fran and Bobs house all decked out. Who says it has to be cold and snowy and grey for it to feel like Xmas. I got such a holiday feeling watching the palms sway and the light warm breeze shift the orchids in their trees. This is my idea for a real Christmas. Haven't had a northern cold Xmas in years and certainly don't miss it. We did go to Maine to be with family several years ago and my kids got their first chance to see snow, highly overrated if you have to go outside!
Watched my favorite Xmas movie, "White Christmas" and still got a little teary when they open the barn doors and its snowing outside with a Currier and Ives scene. They certainly don't make movies like that anymore. I always liked Danny Kaye and thought he was goofy not wanting to kiss the girls but now realize he was a gay man being squeamish about the whole idea!


Oh by the way , Fran and Bob won the annual house lighting contest put on by the electric company, hope they won a free moths of electric but I doubt it!





No comments:

Post a Comment